Wednesday, January 21, 2004

When I shot my 1st jungle footages about a week and a half ago, much to my horror I discovered that the steadicam was missing a bronze screw in the bottom plate. It controls the stabilization pole. I searched far and wide but… it was like looking for a needle in a savannah.

Wrote the company about my missing screw and in three days they replied and said that they were going to send me 3 spare ones. I thanked them and pretty much went shooting.
I was in the command center when a package arrived. I was totally shocked to discover that it was my spare screws. AMAZING! That’s American efficiency for you. I have been so accustomed to Filipino service that I expected nothing else.

Imagine after a week and a half the screws were in my grasp. I could think of a dozen local companies who can’t even replace a part after a month. LOCAL COMPANIES, within spitting distance!

AMERICANS should conquer the world! With their service they deserve it. FORGET FUCKING NATIONALISM! What do we get? New ways of corrupting and being robbed blind by those duly elected thieves.

Case in point the AUTOMATED ballot counting machines! How can a sum that big get stolen? Easy, everyone down the pipeline got a cut! What other explanation can there be.

Why would I even waste my time to fall in line and sweat tons of buckets so I can elect into office a new crook who’ll rob us blind? There is no choice. It’s not a matter of electing this idiot or that idiot. THEY ARE ALL IDIOTS! SOME ARE BIGGER THAN THE OTHERS while others are more crooked than the next but still they are from the same tribe.

Ever since MARCOS fucked up the system, his evil specter never really left the Building. Anyone who comes in clean never gets out clean.

AMERICA should just make us a colony. WHAT? BE A 2ND CLASS CITIZEN IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY? SO FUCKING WHAT? YOU’D RATHER BE SCREWED BY YOUR COUNTRYMEN THAN BY FOREIGNERS? Well there are fringe benefits Too numerous to even enumerate.