Friday, March 19, 2004

Last week, the Computer that was connected to the internet wont boot up. Because of the endless brownouts & the over written hard drive took its toll on CARBONEK. I dont usually name my pcs but I aquired this knack from my students who have more than one computer and they tell me that it saves them the time to indicate which is which. Plus it gives the pcs a more humane touch. they dont like referring to their pcs as just pcs. They have biblical names like JOSHUA, JERICHO and I forgot the third one.

So I elected to name my pcs as well. Now CARBONEK is the work horse. He is connected to the net like almost 24 hours a day! And this was his first breakdown , which is more than i can say for the much cared for and infinetly flacky,( i DONT EVEN WANT TO MENTION HIS NAME, PC)

So much for my weekend vacation.


After two weeks of shooting , I took a much needed break and just went to the new powerbooks branch. It was such a relief to just sit down and scan and strech my legs in the cool comfort of their couch.

I love their casual and relaxing atmospehere, specially after hiking and getting stuck in fiolages and getting bitten by insects that have been hardly catalogued by SIR RICHARD ATTENBOURGH.

I took a look see at their varied stocks and bought four books.

Reading is now a luxury that I dont even have. In between cutting and archiving I get to read a page or two and thats not what life is all about. One should be able to sit out in the open air with the sun above and a cool lemon drink beside you.

I used to read inside dark rooms with a single source of illumination.Gives a certain kind of mood for certain books but not all.besides i spend a lot of time in darkened rooms already so I need the change.

Selina has been choosen to lead the morning prayers for her class next week. She was chosen by her teachers because she screams in english fluently. Cess is in an uproar . Her worst nightmare has finally come to past. Selina with a mike in fromt of many parents and children leading them to the promise land.

CESS: " You know what she might do? "

FLIM: " Sing ABC? "

CESS: " She could launch into UNCLE FUCKER!OR KYLES MOM IS A BIG BAD BITCH. We dont knwo what she will do? "

FLIM: " Damn you're right.I better bring the videocam!This could be priceless! "

CESS: " Im serious! "

FLIM: " SO AM I! Whatever she' ll do, its going to be great! IN fact Im already shivering with anticipation. Will she be the angel and repeat the prayers you taught her or will she be the little rascal and shock the bejezzus out of every prude there! "

CESS: " Im really tense about this! "

Selina is playing in the background. She's wearing her dark jedi outfit.She then looks at us and smiles devilishly.

I cant wait....