Friday, September 13, 2002

It’s been six hours since I last stood up from this stupid chair. Had to view the rushes of
KUPAL and to mentally figure out how the entire film would be edited. This is a fun pet project. Had this idea for a long time. Giles, the actor playing the lead actually was shocked at how yellow and old the storyboard pages were. Shooting it was a romp. He basically did everything I told him to do. No complaints..no nothing. In three shooting days we were able to cover half the script. Never exceeding 15 takes. He has a striking resemblance to Christopher reeves. Maybe its his super hero jaw line and the black brimmed spectacles. Hmmmmmm maybe I can do a pinoy super hero flick.

Sheez. I didn’t even sleep last night. Mentally zapped. Gerry is due to come in early tomorrow for the Slaying of the gay street sequence. We have two batches of gay actors to choose from. I’m more inclined to go for our next-door neighbors. They are a fun bunch. They actually are pretty from a certain angle. I remember Gerry throwing them a glance or two when he first came to visit me. Form what I gleaned from the maids, they actually recruit and train entertainers.

There was a time when I climbed the steps to the unit and had a cramp attack on my left leg. I just went back to the gym after a long period of neglecting the body and indulging in hedonistic activities. Maybe I sprained a muscle or two. But I was there at the top of the stairs gritting my teeth and trying to maintain my balance. When my gay neighbor with the big breast approached me and asked if everything was all right and could he/she help. I said that I can manage and that everything was ok. Of course my leg was anything but ok. But I just didn’t want him to carry me home. Hmmm that would be a great scene in a movie.

Also finished editing Cecile’s Grandmother’s birthday video. Had to wade thru four hours of footage. Took me an hour to come up with an interesting angle to approach
this. How do you make a party of elderly people interesting to watch for viewers who
are not related to them? Make it funny. I don’t know how Granny would take it. I’ll find out on the Sunday premiere.