Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Finally finished the children’s story that my publisher friend had been asking for. ( In between bouts of editing and viewing the dallies )I have never written for children so I really don’t know if she’s going to like it. She gave me a list of things to include. It’s a veritable road map to insure that the book gets a commercial run.

Since it’s her ball game. I followed her plot ingredients. I just added a thing or two that reflects my sensibilities. There are dark forces looming on the horizon but not blatantly so. Just a whiff of suggestion. There are mysterious and sinister adults who ask very mundane yet sinister questions.

Cess said that the story seems a little too dark for children.

FLIM: “ Well then … I made a children’s story for children with dark sensibilities.

I hope I get to do the drawings on this one. I’m going to use the paint program. That is if she will allow it to be publish.

CESS: “ What kind of title is this? USOG ?”

SELINA’S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Her voice was the loudest in the classroom and you can hear her a mile away. She already formed a gang of bullies within the first two hours. During recess they gave the teacher a headache by dousing each other with milk On the way home she head butt the maid because she did not want to leave yet without saying goodbye to her new gang.
What can I say? THAT’S MY GIRL.