Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Read in AIN’T IT COOL that Herzog is making a Loch ness Monster movie film. This is another childhood passion of mine aside from Heavy metal and comic books.
MONSTERS! Cinema spawned or culturally born!

I watched the PATRICK BERGEN film, LOCH NESS that was pretty stupid. I also saw the TED DAWSON film, another horrible enterprise.

So far no one has made the ultimate LOCH NESS MONSTER FILM. And the reason maybe the fact that NESSIE is not the “ ME, MONSTER ON THE LOOSE, DESTROY! KILL! EAT! “ Type or the “ ME, INNER-TERRESTRIAL CREATURE, BRING MESSAGE OF LOVE AND HOPE, BUT YOU CAPTURE AND EXHIBIT FOR SCIENTIFIC PURPOSES” variant

Nessie is a symbol of the unknown, the magical element that may or may not exist below the water line.

Herzog said that his documentary would be told in the backdrop of megalithic monuments, fey lines and Scottish traditions.

I’M INTERESTED IN watching what the director of Fitzcarraldo and AGUIRRE THE WRATH OF GOD will do for NESSIE.

The director of photography for AGUIRRE THE WRATH OF GOD was Thomas Mauch. Cool guy with a PRINCE VALIANT hairstyle. He was my teacher when I took 35 MM cinematography lessons and I have a couple of interesting stories with the making of our student film under him. I’ll write it down one of these days.

Anyway, I hope Herzog makes the Ultimate Nessie film. We need this more than that CHARLIE’S ANGELS BULLSHEET!