Sunday, June 29, 2003

My Led Zep double DVD disc arrived 2 weeks ago. Wasn’t able to enjoy it since I was busy with the finishing touches of the Film. Now I’m playing it every single day. I missed these guys. They were always with me while I was in high school. I had every single record that came out and played it every single day.

LED ZEP WAS THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND TO WALK THE EARTH!

Their concerts were 3-4 hour marathons of strum and dang! No fireworks and explosive special effects to beef up boring stage presences. Just extended versions of their songs and they don’t play the same song in the same way. Each performance has several variations

These guys are masters of their craft and the lyrics of their songs are not stupid meaningless babble like,

OHHH I GOT NO CAR
NO BOOZE,
JUST GET ME SOME CHEAP WHORE
OR A STUPID DOG I CAN CHOOSE


There’s a site somewhere that connects Tolkien to the lyrics of Zeppelin songs like, RAMBLE ON, MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP, BATTLE OF EVERMORE and forgot the others.

Robert Plant the lead singer is an avid Tolkien fan way back in the early seventies when Frodo Lives was just a mindless slogan to the general populace in London’s subway underground.

I used to spend long nights just playing the songs again and again trying to decipher their meanings. My fragile brain was trying to connect the words MORDOR and New York traffic, which Plant yelled in one of the songs. DUHHHH I ‘m justa high school student, probably when I grow up I’d know what it was.

Well I just grew up and I didn’t have the time to figure it out. Anyway it’s a great romp and I still love their music.

Punk and New wave came on the 80s and since they disbanded, I shifted to other bands.
But I never did follow the albums of the others. I ‘d just get a tape and then borrow this extended LP here and there and whipped up my own selection.

Led Zep was the only band whose entire work I all bought. Plant, Page and Jonsey,
Welcome back guys!

I spent the entire evening yesterday watching CHARLIE’S ANGELS 2

What a waste of time! I should have just stayed home and watched FAWLTY TOWERS.

The jokes were utterly stupid! They just wasted JOHN CLEESE’s talent and reduced him to a buffoon. They should have just stucked with that LEBLANC guy as the dumb moron but noooo They have to drag Britain’s preeminent comic talent down with him.

The only time I actually snickered was when THE CAPE FEAR WANA BE recognized Barrymore’s ass in the elevator BUT THAT WAS IT! And that BLACK BOSLEY! UGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Why not a Bosley Eskimo? Or a Native American variant?

Blacks have had the privilege of being the minority sidekick in Hollywood since time immemorial! BRING BACK TONTO! Or better yet KATO!

The references to CSI, FLASH DANCE and what ever film they were doing their homage to, get tiring. In the end I just mourned the lost 2 hours and 30 minutes of my life watching drivel like this!

And to think I gave up watching the reconstruction of JAMES THE JUST’S OSSUARY in the Discovery channel for this!