Monday, June 02, 2003

In between rendering times and subtitling chores that never seems to let up despite the Herculean effort I put into it,
I watched THE PIANIST
because I had to defrag the system, which took seven hours.So on my plate is a feature on BATTERED WOMEN and for relaxation I watch a film about THE HOLOCAUST! Some break. But I love the film. It should have won BEST PICTURE instead of that ridiculous and stupid musical, CHICAGO.I HATED THAT PICTURE! I hated it worse than MATRIX RELOADED. At least it didn’t have RICHARD GEREBut Leave it to the Americans to always vote best picture, any film that features a title of their city,YOU HAD PHILADELPHIA, NOW YOU HAVE CHICAGO. I don’t know if NEW YORK, NEW YORK won.

I mean why would they vote a film about an obscure place in POLAND best picture right?
Have the Poles create their own ACADEMY AWARD and name the statuettes VLADILLI or something.

Watching THE PIANIST made me feel uncomfortable. It stayed with me until the wee hours of the morning when I resumed work. Or was I riled up by it because I have not seen a single film in one week and being in close proximity with a film that studies institutionalized violence made me all the more receptive to the Pianist’s theme.

I wouldn’t really know for sure. All I know is I lack sleep, my brain has atrophied, I lost muscle definition (no gym for 3 weeks) my back aches and my eyes are weary.

I’m a prisoner of my own making.