Friday, May 30, 2003

I HATE SUBTITLES! I FUCKING HATE THEM! Why can’t someone invent a universal translator by now. There is certain nuisance lost when changing one language from the other. Plus the fact that the viewer is distracted ninety percent of the time. When he reads the subtitles he fails the notice important visual cues that the person is making or a certain plot significance because he is busy reading it!

Yes you can dub! But for some strange reason, people hate dubbed material. And that includes me! Personally if a work should be translated and subtitled, the writer himself should do it. ALL OF IT!

To insure maximum accuracy! But then again you can always dump it to some shmoe. Believing that the letter of the word would be preserved somehow. Take my word, it won’t!

So if you will excuse me, it’s back to subtitling!