Saturday, May 10, 2003

Watched JUNGLE BOOK with Selina. Still a classic! The songs are great and the villain. superb! SHERE KHAN tops my all time Disney’s best villains! Charming, condecending, lethal and properly BRITISH! I have been a George Sander's fan since I saw IVANHOE when I was a kid.

“ State your lineage. ARE YOU NORMAN OR SAXON! “

‘ I AM SAXON! “

(When I was in grade 3 I wondered what the hell was the difference between NORMAN and SAXON. By grade six I learned that SAXONS were the indigenous people of BRITTANY and the NORMANS were the overlords who crossed over from NORMANDY. Had an argument with one of my classmates who said that NORMANS where the silk stock wearing English from KENT. I told him that they were French farting chefs. His take is that if Normans were French how come they had British accents instead of French ones. How can you argue with that?)

THEN STRIKE YOUR OPPONENTS SHIELD TO INDICATE YOUR INTENT, YOU YEOMAN KNAVE! “

YEAH! Sanders played WAGILBEAR , one of KING JOHN'S ALLIES in a plot to steal the throne from RICHARD THE LION HEART.Saw it a 100 times and it just keeps getting better! Then I discovered he also voiced SHERE KHAN. What can I say? Such class! Such wit! SUCH VILLAINY!

Here’s to GEORGE SANDERS! ” It is this court’s pleasure that you present this colors to a lady of your liking so that someone will mourn you when you lie cold and still underneath your shield! “

Is it just coincidence that two of my favorite villains are named KHAN? But then again there was a minor BOND villain named KAMAL KHAN in OCTUPUSSY,played by LOUIS JORDAN. I found the character boring and typical except for his accent so I guess that rules out the K thing.

Second to Khan is PROFESSOR RATIGAN from THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE. Given life thru the voice of another all time favorite of mine, VINCENT PRICE!

I bought an ALICE COOPER album before because he was a guest star and just listening to his velvet serpentine voice expound about the merits of the Cosa raptoria sends shivers down my MEDULLA OBLONGATA.

What a shame that Disney can’t come up with cool villains as they did before. Ahh well we always have our dear PRESIDENT.