Saturday, May 03, 2003

When I first saw the trailer of EQUILIBRIUM, I thought ' UGHH MATRIX WANABE! " Down to the tacky all black mandarin collared trenchcoats.Was feeling a little bit kinky last Friday after bathing in the pshosphor dot viewscreen of the computer for nine straight hours so I bought the dvd along with the COLORS TRILOGY of KIESLOWSKI , THE SNOW QUEEN and the LARAMIE PROJECT. I was instantly shocked to find that I actually liked EQUILIBRIUM.The plot is a rehash of BRADBURY'S FARENHEIGHT 456 with a dash of hongkong action and john woo thrown in.Plot descrepancies are all over the place but the over the top fight scenes are so....over the top that I gave in and found myself along for the ride.

Cess thinks I loved the film because of its FACISTS underpinnings.M.REYES a member of the MANUNURI said it better when I dragged his sorry butt thru the narrow SHINJUKU streets searching for a pair of Shelly booths.

M.REYES: " NOEL,you're a FACISTS! Your fixtation with black booths and leather jackets! Those are all FACISTS accroutments."

FLIM: " Then again...I might just be gay."

M.REYES: " You're not! You're a FACIST FASHION FAN! "

FLIM: " But you must admit, that the SS had cooler uniforms! The DEATH SKULL INSIGNIA over the black caps. And the all black judspurs and knee lenght leather overcoats! "

Well I loved STARSHIP TROOPERS...So I guess if the booths fit