Wednesday, September 24, 2003


It’s been almost a week and the steadicam hasn’t been assembled yet or taken out from the box. Too busy writing the 2nd act of the script. And then editing and polishing the scripts of my students for the planned graphic novel. And trying to contact some printers. Thanks to Carl for referring decent printers.

Gosh I must be really getting old. I remember when I get a new toy, I just can’t sleep till I opened them and played scrutinized and read and re-read the instruction manual and finally succumbing to a deep slumber with my arms draped around my new lover.

It happened with my super 8, 16 mm and DIGITAL cameras! It happened with my DVD player, my cyber street fighter motorcycle, and my toy collection.

I read the forewards of my graphic novels before the whole thing, a form of literary foreplay. Building up an appetite for the long haul as they say.

But now…I’m just too plain busy to even open them from the box.

It happened with my MANFROTTO TRIPODS, now it’s happening with the STEADICAM. The fact that they are somewhere inside the room is enough with me.

I just have too many on my plate right now.

Aside from the writings, I still have four classes to teach. All women. Quite a handful at times. One lone MALE lost in a sea of femininity.

Then there’s the remastering of the music video and this new project.

I don’t even have time to watch the TAKEN boxed set nor the SIMPSON’S 3RD SEASON SET.

But I do have time to slip in some new dvds for selina.

I tested the BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD COMPILATION DISCand true to form, Selina loved it. Now I'm realy concerned. It seems that she got more of my sensibilties than Cess.

Cess has the WALT DISNEY, SOUND OF MUSIC,FRIENDS( TERRIBLY YUCKY TV SERIES)general patronage taste. My sensibility? It's not the type that can sit quietly while FRIENDS is playing.

One time I played ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW and Selina danced THE TIME WARPI didnt find it strange at first. Children love musicals.But when she fast forwarded and chewed the SOUND OF MUSIC DVD that's when I became suspicious!

The only Disney movie that she can still enjoy is THE LITTLE MERMAID.But then again her favorite song is

Les poissons, les poissons
How I love les poissons
Love to chop and to serve little fish
First I cut off their heads
Then I pull out their bones
Ah mes oui, savez toujours delice


At least I haven't heard any swearing stories this week.