Sunday, April 18, 2004

CESS: “ My vision is flickering. I think I need to see a doctor.

The following day after the doctor’s appointment.

CESS: “ The doctor tells me that my retinas might detach and if they do I have to rush to the doctor ASAP! “

FLIM: “ How would you know if your retinas detached? “

CESS: “ My eye sight would have this flashing white light. If that happens I should rush to the hospital and they might save my sight. The sooner it is treated the bigger the chance I won’t go blind. And no blows to the head. One blow could sever them. ”

FLIM: “ I may be a charming scoundrel and a devil may care, not to mention charismatic Villain but one thing I don’t do is beat you up! “

CESS: ” You gave me one a year ago.”

FLIM: “ WITH THE PILLOW? IN A PILLOW FIGHT? YOU’RE THE ONLY WHO INSTIGATES A PILLOW FIGHT AND YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT GETTING HIT!

CESS: “ Still…”

FLIM: “ My dear…in a pillow fight as in any mock battle you cannot put restrictions on which part you would not be hit! Combat is a random event! Read the ART OF WAR! Strike anywhere! In the heat of battle I don’t run a mental catalogue of your frailty points. On the contraire! Those vulnerabilities would be exploited! Besides in a fight it’s not the logical part of the brain that works it’s the reptilian side…OBDULA OBLONGATA!

CESS: “ No more pillow fights, then!”

FLIM: “Great…now what to do on Saturday nights! “

I consulted my sister who happens to be, forgive me for boasting, one of the most eminent PATHOLOGIST in the country today what she thought.

DR CESS: “ She’s right any blows to the head could sever them.”

FLIM: “ How about instantaneous braking? Our idiot driver brakes aggressively all the time. “

DR. CESS: “ Hmmmmmm…that too I guess. Just minimize any surface tensions on her head. Her retinas are totally strained as of now. Legally she is blind… with her grade.”

Back in the house.

CESS: “ I think it’s inevitable. I will go blind. How can I take care of the baby? How could I see her grows up?

FLIM: “ You wont go blind! Your eyes are just tired. Just relax.”

CESS: “ If my retinas detached then I have to be within striking distance of a hospital.”

FLIM: “ So that means no more out of town trips. I should carry around an empty plastic cup.”

CESS: “ For what? “

FLIM: “ Well if your eye pops out I’d run after it and pack it in ice! “

CESS: “ The retina detaches not the eyeball! In the doctors clinic there was a man who had his retina severed when he was just scratching his eyelid. And there was another patient who had his detached when he sneezed! “

FLIM: “ Makes you think how frail the human body is!”

CESS: “ What if the baby wants me to read her, fairy tale stories. How am I going to do that? “

FLIM: “ Don’t worry! I can record your voice reading out aloud all her books and when she wants you to read her one, you just pop in a tape! “

CESS: “ What if she wants sleeping beauty and I slip in Cinderella?”

Then we both started laughing. But I really feel sorry for Cess. And I started wondering how is it going to be if she does go…. AH FUCK IT! I’ll just be there, white plastic cup in hand.

CESS: “ Maybe I should start filing the office reports in Braille! “