Friday, July 15, 2005

For quite some time now I have been entertaining teh thought of getting a laptop.I told cess about it.

CESS: " Why do you need a laptop for ?"

FLIM: " So I can write stuff and redord ideas where ever I am."

CESS: " You could just get a pen and a note book."

FLIM: " Already did it. But using a pen to write... I dont know. Somehow my fingers have been trained on keyboard technology. Using the pen to write is like asking me to use a type writer in this day and age where cut and paste and delete and save as... have taken over the waking world as we know it! "

This happens quite a lot. I have an idea for a story or a script but when i start writing it down the pen moves very slowly that I lose almost half of what i wanted to say and when i do write i feel like my fingers and my mind are off on some kind of relay race and most of the time my fingers beat the brain , hands down! "


Do I really need a laptop? Or am I just a victim of consumerism?MY sister said that I should just get a palm pilot with a keyboard and that's good enough. But what if i want to upgrade which is sooner than later? ITs just like the camera case. The one I originaly wanted is a snug fit and was cheaper by 900 pesos. But I always stuck to the perception that you should get a bigger case because who knows you might upgrade to a bigger cam...instead of buying another case when you do get a bigger cam.

Is a laptop truly important? Hmm with a laptop you can just flip the screen over and start writing instead of jotting a small note or reminder about a thought or idea and then rushin home to write it down. Most of the time the mood is no longer there or does not have the same kind of passionate urgency that was thugging within you when you first had it... Decisions, decisions.

CESS: " I think you 'd be better off just using the money to print another SEXMEN comic."

Now that's a thought.


I got the case for the digi cam and have been lunging the cam all over the place.

CESS: " Why do you have to bring that thing around? "

FLIM: " You never know. The whole point of buying a small cam is so we can take it for vacations and document teh event right? "

CESS: But thats for vacations. You bring it with you everyday, whats teh point? "

FLIM: " Just have the cam with me so if something happens I can shoot it."

CESS: " LIke what? "

FLIM: Thats the point...we dont know. But if it happpens I shoot! "

There are many times where if I had a cam with me I would have shot some great footages.

FLIM: " Human history is recorded ...not by state of the art 70 mm movie cameras but by small consumer friendly machines operated by the everyday man. Remember the ZARAPRUDER footage of teh KENNEDY ASSASINATION. That's teh only actual record of KENNEDY getting smashed! Without it OLIVER STONE and KEVIN COSTNER would never have that line, RIGHT AND TO THE LEFT! RIGHT AND TO THE LEFT! "

CESS: " And why didnt you get a black case for the camera. That is so loud? "

FLIM: " Yeah get a black one. Every idiot goes for black.Looks cool but when their boat capizes they cant find the case in the waters because its dark colored. With this... you cant miss it! "