Wednesday, May 19, 2004

SAW TROY last week. It was a fun romp. The thing that really cracked me up was when I was leaving the theater. There was this guy in front of me and he saw someone he knew from the long line of people going in for the next showing.

GUY: “ Hey JOJO!

JOJO: “ HEY MAN. Was it good? “

GUY: “ Ye but BRAD PITT DIES! “

JOJO: “ You fuck! You just spoilt the movie for me.”

Hehehehe! These guys should host a local TV show. They’re a riot! Of course BRAD PITT DIES! He is ACHILLES. But then on second thought Jojo might be right. I mean the writer did bastardize the ILLIAD. MENEALUS dies at the hands of PARIS! BRIESES Then stabs AGAMEMMON on the jugular there by robbing CLYMESTRA and her lover of that small bathroom incident and her place in the tragic ridden stories of the ATRUES bloodline.

(A small list of altered plotlines.)

Paris survives and HELEN flees with the Trojan women.

ANDROMMACHE and her son escapes

In fact I was kind of disappointed that BRAD PITT died. If they were going to change the story that much then they should have gone for broke.

ACHILLES instead of trying to find his girlfriend would rescue PRIAM from the psychotic AGAMEMMON (They did share a special moment which was more memorable than the one with the priestess of APOLLO.)

He’ll stab Agamemnon and say “YOU WERE NEVER MY KING, YOU FAT FUCK!MY SWORD NOW SERVES LAWRENCE OF ARBIA

THE SCRIPT WRITER jettisoned the dipping of ACHILLES in the river Styx.So I ask, why still have him die with an arrow thru the heel. WHAT’S THE POINT?

I was never much a fan of WOLFGANG PETERSON. His earlier works like DAS BOOT and NEVERENDING STORY were enjoyable but his latter stuff are…
Well anyway.

I hope they do a sequel, THE TROJAN WOMEN. Ad line goes.


THEY DESTROYED HER CITY!

MURDERED HER HUSBAND!

SLAUGHTERED HER FATHER- IN LAW!

NOW ANDROMACHE IS BACK! WITH AN ARMY OF WIDOWS. ARMED WITH SWORDS AND POISONED JAVELINS, THEY SET SAIL FOR ITHACA, MYCENAE AND SPARTA! ON A PATH OF VENGEANCE!

THE TROJAN WOMEN!

DIRECTED BY PAUL VERHOVEN! “


I brought my latest work and pitched my idea for the TV series to the creative director. It was approved! He told me that he loved the film I showed him and that I should also develop that into a series.

Maybe this is the time to hire more people.


Last Sunday I had an accident. I was visiting a friend’s digital film studio when I slip from the staircase and landed back first on the floor. For a second I viewed the world from that perspective. For a second I didn’t think about the complicated sound dubs and Script revisions that were expected of me. I just lay there. Listening as the world turned on its axis.

Then I groaned in pain. My butt hit the hardest and then the back and then the right arm and then the neck. I remember when I was acting for someone’s film backing college where I will flung myself on a flight of stairs and come back again for another take…Ahh those were the days.