Monday, May 31, 2004

The DVDs I ordered arrived yesterday. They weighed a ton! So after working for nine straight hours I decided to just pop one to relax. Got a couple of ice-cold beers and two packs of junk food. Forgot what brand it was, but they were very good. I leave the junk food acquisition to Cess. She’s a connoisseur when it comes to junk food, sadly I can’t say the same when it comes to real food.

I started with FUTURAMA, season1. I kept seeing it when I flipped channels but I don’t really find it interesting to catch my attention. By the end of the first episode, I’M NOW A CERTIFIED FUTURAMA FAN!

I CANT GET ENOUGH! I think its better than the SIMPSONS. I attribute it partly to the fact that I’m also a science fiction fan!

The sad part is that I only ordered season 1& 2. But after writing this I m getting the third season! Anyway. I just finished disc one, no need to get greedy! I’ll just watch it in my own good time, like drinking good wine! You swirl it around not like the 24 or the alias series where you gulp it down in one sitting!


I Submitted the pilot episode budget break down on the net. Funny how one does not need to get out of the house to get things down. I remember when my brother a computer tech, way before the term was fashionable, wont go to his office in IBM and would just send his reports thru the modem.

FLIM: “ How can you send those thick papers thru the phone line? Are you trying to mind fuck me again? “

JUN: “ It goes thru the modem. I can do anything I have to do in the office, right inside the house! I can write my proposals and business plans here, wearing my smelly shorts and naked if I wanted too. I don’t have to dress up and drive thru traffic and pay for bad cafeteria food. I can do everything in the house! Believe me this is the thing of the future.
You can send letters to any part of the world without making the trip to the postal office and being in line with 15 other people so you can buy stamps! And your letters get there as soon as you send them! Technology! “

FLIM: “ So what you’re telling me is that I can have my shoot film footages sent thru your modem and then processed in JAPAN? “

JUN: “ Oh…not that kind. That’s a thing! What I’m talking about is electronic data.’ For that you have to fall in line with those 15 other people and dropped in the traditional way!

Yesterday I was aghast to find out who the winners of the senatorial race where. Imagine TWO ACTORS WHOSE MOTHER AND FATHER ARE ALREADY IN THE SENATE, WON! I can already imagine their breakfast chatter in the morning.

SON SENATOR: “ Mom can you pass the fried rice! “

MOTHER SENATOR: “I’m not talking to you! You were supposed to back me up The liposuction embargo that I’m heading! “

SON SENATOR: “ Mom, I can’t do that. I need one this afternoon. What would happen if the doctor found out! She might take out something that doesn’t grow back! “

MOTHER SENATOR: “ I’m still not talking to you!”

SON SENATOR: “ Mom…come on… don’t be mad.”

MOTHER SENATOR: “ I nearly died when I delivered you. I would walk you to school every day even when my arthritis was killing me. Who SAVED UP ALL HER DAILY EARNINGS SO she can buy you that metal robot that came in 5 different pieces so you can put them all together and make one giant robot, WHO? WHO? “

SON SENATOR: “ ALLRIGHT! YOU HAVE MY VOTE! “
MOTHER SENATOR: “ That’s my son! Here’s your fried rice. And I cooked your favorite adobe along with it! Don’t forget to convince your best friend to join the embargo too. “

SON SENATOR: “ MOM! He has his own mind! He wont be swayed by me! “

MOTHER SENATOR: “ WELL YOU REMIND HIM, HOW MANY TIMES HE SLEPT OVER, HERE WHEN YOU WERE KIDS. ALSO REMIND HIM WHO IS HIS GODMOTHER! IN BIRTH AND IN HIS WEDDING! WHO GAVE HIM THAT BMW Z3? WHO? WHO? WHO? “