Saturday, March 01, 2003

I finally got my tripod last Friday. She’s a beaut!

CECILE: “ Gosh it looks mean? “

She stared at it as I started assembling it.

FLIM: “ She has “ an innovative three faced center column” with a “ four different leg angle” adjustment” With “dual positioning center column” And a “ low angle adapter” that “ stores on bottom of center column” And a “ quick action leg lever lock” And I’m just talking about the legs.”

I then took out the VIDEO HEAD, which was kept in a separate box.

CECILE: “ Why is it in two boxes.”

FLIM: “ I bought them separately! “

CECILE: “ But why? “

FLIM: “ So that I can custom built it from scrath for my specifications.This is my…MONSTER!

I then placed the head before her.

FLIM: The Head has a maximum tilt of +75 degrees to –70 degrees, Tilt drag is 0 plus 3 steps. It has an independent tilt lock and has a panning radius of 360 degrees. The pan drag is 0 plus 3 steps. It has an independent pan lock and a variable balance control. Have telescopic pan bars and a sliding quick release plate! The variable balance adjustment with return to center allows for finger tip control!”

CECILE: “ Where did you get all that info? “

FLIM: “ From the manual of course! In short I have THE JAGUAR of TRIPODS! Or is it the PORSCHE of TRIPODS…"

For a moment there was silence as we both stared at the giant black painted titan with silver plated legs.

FLIM: "GAZE upoun my face all you mighty and DESPAIR! "

CECILE: “ It looks mean! “

FLIM: “ No…It’s nasty! “

CECILE: “ Well…I see your personality in it! That much is sure.”

FLIM: “Why were you expecting a pink plated tripod with polka dot designs on the handle? “

CECILE: “ So how much did it cost? “

I told her.

CECILE: “ I wouldn’t call it a JAGUAR at that cost. IT’S A Rolls ROYCE

FLIM: “ Uhm..The pod is made in Italy.”

CECILE: “ If Italians are as good in making tripods as they are in making shoes. You’re in big trouble.”