Tuesday, March 11, 2003

One of my gym mates wanted to get one of the last remaining copies of SEXMEN issue1. So I brought it along. She skimmed thru it and was laughing her head off and then she took it with her on her way home I assume. I was on the fifth set of my lat workout when someone flipped the channels and we stumbled on this trio of female celebrity reciting passages from the vagina monologue.

Personally I found their performances badly done and they were into it for the trendy effect! This went on and on and on. I have not read the vagina monologues but from the few passages that I heard I found it, too gimmicky and full of it. In short it’s corny!

And it’s not because Im a guy. I mean I love vaginas! But angry vagina’s reeking of rightful indignation smells like a lesbian hole if I ever smelled one. Funny that I should talk like this when I created THE SEXMEN.

Thinking it was just a guy thing I didn’t say anything. But one of the girls in the gym flipped the channel.

GIRL: “ ITS PATHETIC! ALL THEY DO IS SAY VAGINA THIS…VAGINA THAT! VAGINA THIS, VAGINA THAT! But they don’t show it! If they strongly about it they should take their clothes off and then talk!“

Well someone already cast the first stone. Might as well take my potshots while the going’s hot!

FLIM: “ Yeah, look at them. With their smug expressions and their” I’m hip and cool because I can say vagina on the air and not bath an eyelid” attitude. What’s so special about saying VAGINA in public? “

I was in an all girls’ catholic school a few weeks ago when there was a talk being given to female survivors of rape and oppression during WORLD WAR 2. The old ladies there were sharing their humiliating and painful experiences. One of them mentioned the complete annihilation of her family before her very eyes. They were al crying and then the teacher announced that one of the students would read a passage from THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES!

Then the student stood up and started reading with her “ all cool and Im brave “ attitude in front of the puzzled old ladies.

That was the ultimate statement of tacklessness and insensitivity. Totally crass.
Their experiences trivialized by that stupid monologue. Uggghhhhh