Wednesday, January 29, 2003

BAD BLAHHHH PART 2

I got home really early in the morning. Stupid cops! The TENANT 1’s BLACK FORD EXPEDITION barred the entry to the garage.

FLIM: “ KOJAK! MOVE THE FORD SO I CAN PARK THIS MALFUNCTIONING VEHICLE OF MINE! “

KOJAK: “ OK SIR! JUST ONE MOMENT SIR! “

I looked up at the pre-dawn sky. Counting the seconds. Then the minutes. Then more minutes!

FLIM: “ KOJAK! WHAT THE FUCK I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 30 MINS WHERE’S THE OWNER? “

Kojak just came down from the tenant’s block.

KOJAK: “ Sir! She said that she’s still sleeping.”

FLIM: “ CALL HER UP AGAIN! “

Kojak dials the number.

KOJAK: “ But he has to park his motorcycle in.Ahh wait…SIR, she wants to talk to you.”

By this time all forms of civility left me as I just grabbed the phone.

FLIM: “ YESSSSSSS?????? “

WOMAN: “ CANT YOU JUST LEAVE YOUR BIKE OUTSIDE? IM STILL SLEEPING.”

Enough is enough.

I didnt say anything when the door to the computer room got locked in with the keys inside. I didnt say aything when Selina dropped and destroyed the phone casing. I didnt say anything when the bike refused to start nor when it started and then bogged again.And i certainly never screamed when the corrupt cops held me up. but.... as my favorite cartoon character is fond of saying...

I CAN STAND WHAT I CAN STAND....AND I CAN STAND NO MORE!!!!!!

FLIM: “ LOOK HERE MISSY! WHEN YOU NEED US TO MOVE OUR CAR WHEN IT’S BLOCKING THE GARAGE I JUMP DOWN AND HAND OVER THE KEYS FOR KOJACK TO MOVE THE CAR! EVEN WHEN I HAVEN’T EVEN WIPED MY ASS OFF CAUSE IM TAKING A CRAP! BECAUSE I DON’T…DON’T WANT TO INCONVENIENCE A FELLOW NEIGHBOR IN THE SPIRIT OF COMMUNAL PEACE! NOW YOU HAVE KEPT ME WAITING FOR 30 MINUTES AND YOU WANT ME TO PARK MY VEHICLE OUTSIDE BECAUSE YOU’RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP AND MOVE YOUR VEHICLE THAT’S BLOCKING THE GARAGE! IS THAT WHAT YOU’RE SAYING?????”

WOMAN: “LISTEN HERE! WHY THE FUCK DO YOU COME HOME LATE AND DISTURB PEOPLE WHO ARE SLEEPING????”

FLIM: “ ITS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS WHAT TIME I WANT TO COME HOME! YOUR BUSINESS IS TO MOVE YOUR FUCKING VEHICLE! YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE KEYS WITH KOJAK IF YOU DIDN’T WANT TO BE DISTURBED! “

WOMAN: IN CASE YOU HAVEN’T NOTICED OUR CAR IS NOT JUST A FUCKING CAR! IT’S A FORD! WE DON’T LEAVE OUR KEYS TO THE GUARDS THEY MIGHT DENT IT UP WHEN THEY MOVE IT! SO JUST PARK THE BIKE OUTSIDE! “

FLIM: ” LADY JUST MOVE THE VEHICLE.IM TOO TIRED TO ARGUE I HAVE HAD A BAD DAY AND A BAD NIGHT AND WITH YOUR IMMEASURABLE CONTRIBUTION IM NOW HAVING A VERY BAD MORNING AFTER!”I

then handed the phone over to KOJAK. Who then went up? After another twenty minutes a man comes down and moves the car.

I wasn’t able to sleep well.Selina kept waking up and crying.Besides I have to wake up early to accompany CECILE to her eye doctor.

We got to the clinic a few minutes before 8:00.Around 8:30 there was still no sign of the doctor’s secretary.

CECILE:” Isn’t it cool we are the first patients.”

FLIM: “ There’s something not right. The sec should be around any moment now.”

Around 9 there was still no sign of the doc. Then a nurse passe’s us by and looks at us.

NURSE: “ Uhm the doctor’s not coming today.”

FLIM: “ So what do you want to do? “

CECILE: “ Lets just go to that doctors office across the hallway.”

When we got there the place was already full.She was number 13.

FLIM: " FIGURES! "

SheEEEEzz the excitement never stops.

The doctor gives Cecile a battery of tests and after an hour comes up with his assessment.
Her retinas can detach any moment and immediate laser surgery is needed. In the mean time she needs to refrain from the following.

· Do not ride bumpy cars on bumpy roads
· Do not lift weights or anything heavy
· Avoid blows to the head.

All these might result to retina detachment.

The doctor recommends a two stage opt. The 1st one is to strengthen the retina. The 2nd is the complicated one where they have to FLAP the eyeball and resculpt the shape of her eyeball. The first opt would be useless if the second opt isn’t performed.

Cess eye grades already in the 1,000 grade. She doesn’t even bat an eyelid when the doctor told her about what he’s going to do. What a tough critter. Makes me proud to call her, MIEN FURERH!!!!!