Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Cecile had her laser operation early this morning. We got to the clinic at around 8:OO AM. Inside there were two patients waiting. I sat on the couch and started reading teh books I brought. THE GOLDEN BOUGH by JAMES FRAZER and HIGH CONCEPT the Excessive lifestyle of Movie producer DON SIMPSON.Much to my irritation the lights inside the clinic was so dim that one can barely read without straining one's eyes. And yet the patients there were reading magazines while waiting for teh doctor.

FLIM: "Must be the clinic's way of ensuring that their patient's eye condition never gets better."

CECILE: " Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

FLIM: " For all you know they got their eye problems during a routine check up here.Hey the doctor isnt here yet. Might as well read a few magazines....Ughhh my eyesigt is going....ughhhhh!!!"

CECILE: " Shhhhhhhhh! The receptionist might hear you."

They then dropped anisthetics in cecile's eyes and then led her to a series of rooms each more bizzare than the next. The doctors were wearing incredible head gears that could have been props for a cyberpunck sci-fi film. DAMN! SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT MY CAM AND SHOT STOCK FOOTAGES OF THOSE! Might be able to use them in some futuristic movie.

The first test was to measure cecile's orbs.

FLIM: " Hey are you using pirated software? "

DOCTOR: " Uhmm no! Our computer is millions of pesos and we wont risk it with a pirated software."

FLIM: " No need to get too sensitive.Everyone uses pirated software all the time.

Then she was strapped to a long strange looking bed with a shaft of strong light comming in from the top.
DAMN! I REALLY SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT THE CAM.

CECILE: " I'm getting nervous! "

FLIM: " Relax they're just going to NUKE YOUR EYEBALLS! Nothing dangerous there!Didnt you hear what she said. They dont use pirated software. And they're computers are millions of pesos worth! "

CESS:" I'm still nervous."

FLIM: " Don't worry if something goes wrong. We can sue their asses off and will take what we can get from them and " WE'LL SIT ON THE BEACH WHILE EARNING FIFTEEN PERCENT! "

She smiles and then the Doctor with the strange head gear walks in.

DOCTOR: " Can you look at the light please."

What a fanstastic shoot. The DR activates another light from the other side of his dark helmet. Looked like a roving searchlight.Why I didnt I bring the camera? for the simple reason that I thought it was just going to be a bunch of stiffs in lab gowns. I had no idea they were going to be stiffs in lab gowns wearing strange and cool looking mechanisms on their heads! Arghhhh!!!!!

Then the momment of truth. The doctor explains the proceedure and then straps her head in and starts using a joystick controller and ...

ZAP! ZAP! ZAP!

DOCTOR: " OK Here goes another set! "

ZAP! ZAP!ZAP! ZAP! ZAP!

Plenty of ZAPS later. I couldnt tell how many more.I lost count and interest when it went past 50 zaps! The doctor tells us to come back for the second stage. Which isthe flipping the eyeball attack.

CECILE: " For each zap I felt a sting in my eyeball."

FLIM: "Well the next one wont just be zaps! "

CECILE: " I dont know if I should have the op. This one was relatively easy. But teh next one the'yll cut open the eyeball."

FLIM: " How are you feeling."

CESS: " I dont see much of anything. Just a bright blur."

THE QUEST FOR OCULAR PERFECTION CONTINUES.....