Thursday, January 09, 2003

Spent last weekend at polo club with Cecile and her family. Wasnt feeling very spiffy on account of entertaining a midnight guest the day before. V took me home after the house-warming thing with IASON. Damn nice of him so I invited him for some MONTY PYTHON and chicken currie. Showed him the MONTY PYTHON SPECIAL called PARROT SKETCHES NOT INCLUDED. Wasn’t as good as the previous pythons. I guess they should have included the PARROT SKECTH.Midway during the tape I asked him if he ever saw THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW.

He said he didn’t.

So I popped that one up.

I must have seen this picture a hundred times and it’s still incredible. Watched this when I was in first year high school and had to go thru the AVENIDA downtown cinemas. I saw it on the last show. And when I exited the theater the streets were deserted and very dark. I couldn’t even flag a jeep or a back at that time so I had to walk. And I was so damn scared that a DR FRANKENFURTHER in black stockings and high gloss lipstick would accost me.

V loved the movie and managed to stay awake even when it ended at 4 AM. Then I reheated the chicken curry and discussed the movie. I cant seem to remember our exact dialogue since I was already half asleep during that time.

After spending four hours in bed I had to wake up for the family thingies with Cecile.

Lunch was TEMPURA and lots of MISO SOUP. There was going to be a badminton match and I was participating. If I ate a lot of heavy food then I wouldn’t be as lithe as I would like to be. So I just got fish and soup.

The badminton area was full of people. I never thought that badminton was EVER a popular sport. The last time I played BADMINTON in polo was around 6 years ago and I don’t recall any one playing at the court that time. Well goes to show what I know.

REESE provided the rackets. Professional racquets mind you not the wooden ones I was trained with.

Yes I am a MASTER BADMINTON player…well Im a bit out of shape now. But I was during my prime. I was trained by a three of the best badminton players in the world. And all of them were our maids.

They thought me how to hold the racquet and how to hit as far away as possible do that your opponent would be heaving and breathing while they catch the shuttlecock. They also taught me that when you serve you must always drive the shuttlecock downwards so that your opponent cannot EVER HIT THE SHUTTLE COCK!

We didn’t play on wooden floor boards waxed daily . We ran on cement pavement. Uneven and pock faced.No rubber shoes just slippers, THE SPARTA KIND. We never played with the universal rule. We used the STREET RULES AS in EVERYTHING GOES! Right down to the point of smashing your racquet when you lose. Since they were made of the wooden variety and not expensive they can indulge in a bit of theatrics that threaten to rob the victor of their moment of glory.

Ahh Those were the days. Now there’s high tech raquets enginnered for maximum durability and effectiveness.Sigh. After an one hour and a half my arm muscles began trying to tear themselves off from me and I had to relax.

I still haven’t slept my daily quota and I was feeling a little bit…funcky. Read RISING STARS while the others played tennis. It was pretty good but not a fun read when you only had four hour sleep.

Near the polo field we unwinded and Reese ordered the delicious POLO BURGER.And I swear I have never ever tasted a burger as good as this. I tasted it briefly when Cecile cut me a slice from her s. DAMN I SHOULD HAVE ORDERED THAT INSTEAD OF THE TEMPURA! Normally I thought good burgers would only be found in BIG BROTHERS or the ones I make at home.( Modesty aside.Ahem! ) Anyways Reese good naturedly offered me half a slice from hers.( What a generous gal.)So I waited with anti-ci--------pation. And when it arrived Cecile’s neice said that she wanted one. So REESE offers her the other half and then shared her half with me. I m amazed with her generosity its like something out of the 1001 NIGHTS.

So there I was with my quarter slice of the best burger this part of manila. I tried to bite increments of it so that I can acertain what secret recipe they used but alas one can only bite so much. So I just enjoyed the meal and gorged myself with the French fries which is also damn good!

Took Selina on a small tour on the field. She wasn’t interested in grown men chasing a ball on horse back. She just WANTED TO EAT GRASS. Wel at least she knows what she wants.

On the way home I slept like a log. And had to be jarred out of the car.It was a nice cool Sunday.Must have that burger again.

Read in the papers that the President said that she was making a big personal sacrifice by not running again for another term. There is something inherently wrong with this statement. After mussing about that for a few seconds I told myself THAT IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF BULLSHIT I HEARD ALL WEEK. WHAT PERSONAL SACRIFICE? You mean serving your country is a personal sacrifice? Being massacred by the press and trying to defend her local policies with tooth and nail is something she loves to do? Since when is not running for president such a big personal sacrifice?

Well if you run for office because of the power you will wield for personal gain then IT IS A BIG PERSONAL SACRIFICE NOT TO RUN. Her statement truly betrays what she is. A SMALL POWER HUNGRY HOBBIT. I bet she knows where she buried the body of Deagol. It’s a good thing she wont run because I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR HER IN A THOUSAND YEARS!

And I don’t buy that crap about not running. She’s just saying that because of the recent surveys that showed her at the bottom of the shit pile. She’s going to announce by the end of the year that the she changed her mind because of the so-called “ overwhelming cry
For her to run again. SHE’S SO DAMN PREDICTABLE.